Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ironic

It appears, I am actually a much more effective and productive Stay at Home Mother... when I am not actually Mothering. Weird.
In just the last two days, I have laundered every stitch of clothing in this house.  Including the bedding (I then made our bed and folded the sheets over perfectly, like in a hotel!) I even cleaned the laundry room, itself!  Not to mention, moving furniture vacuuming.  And because I was bored: I even brought up the garbage cans from the curb (which we all know is actually a male job...)

And you would assume, I would be napping left and right... Except, I turns out: if you have 8 hours of sleep, totally uninterrupted by little girls having nightmares or little boys refusing to fall asleep... then you are actually, not that tired during the day. 
I know!  How crazy is that?? Revelations 6:14

But I did have a little girl call me from Arkansas last night: using her sad voice and telling me she missed her home... and that snapped me out of my Perfect Housewife Euphoria. But it amused her to find out, her perfectly effective mother, has even made an appointment for Maggie Mae to go to a Beauty Salon appointment on Saturday. (Fact: the dog is totally basking in the calm glory of no children.)

Welp... I'd better get back to my cleaning. Probably be the last time it happens, til school starts back.

2 comments:

Arizona said...

i am so excited, i have 8 days in July with no boy OR husband!! you are just making me that much more excited!

Unknown said...

Tink came back from her sadness with a bath in the huge garden tub with her sista and cousin. Bubbles go crazy with whirlpool jets. Little Girls are having a good time.