Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Maturity

Last night, I returned home from yoga.
My children, having been left safely with their father.
It was a beautiful summer evening.

As I walked in the door, all three kids are hopping around, excitedly (and loudly) exclaiming in unison, "Dad kicked a football over the house!  Daddy can kicked da football!  Mom, Dad kicked a football ALL THE WAY up ober the house!!"

I look over the table to my husband, with my (seriously, are you kidding face) "Really?? You were purposely kicking the football over our home?"

Coach replies (with wide innocent eyes accompanied by a confident smirk) "What? I cleared it by a mile."

Me: "Real mature".

Who says he's actually 30, anyway?

5 comments:

The Brides Father said...

It was an awesome kick. If they bring back the semi-pro team, he could be the kicker

The Bride said...

seriously Father, do you keep surveillance on them?! At least you caught a good moment.

Coach said...

I am glad someone besides the kids was a witness. Solid kick.

Unknown said...

I bet it is not the first time a ball was kicked over that house.
Popop's baseball suggestion for The Kid was that he throw the baseball against the house and catch it when it bounced back.
Coach please stay focused on the season at hand. The Kid should be practicing baseball.

kori said...

too funny. unsurprisingly, i can somehow see my husband doing the exact stunt! after that, i picture one of the boys trying to recipricate the exact same move and breaking something. ;)