Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Look Very Close...

and you just may spot, a scene rarely seen in nature.  So elusive, so precious... look closely, The Kid and Quincy BOTH on base.  Could this really be tru??
I started the game, pretty much giving up hope.
Declaring to Sweetbreads.. "I hate this game."
Totally over, the Hitting Slump of 2012.

Then, for the very first time under the Big Lights, late... into the night... BOTH boys got on base.
And if that wasn't enough...
The Kid hit two doubles. Went 3 for 4.
And as if he wasn't ALREADY getting hugs and candy,
End of a tied ballgame, two outs,
The Kid is up. I think, "Oh God, please NO."
We've been here before...
a wave of black washed over my body.  I felt weak. I nearly vomited. I'm pretty sure I held my breath for 6 solid minutes. Ball, strike, strike ... hyperventilating...
10:20pm pitcher throws... The Kid hits a double!
Then steals Third.
Another batter up... but Coach sends The Kid ...
(I jump up and scream RUN FAST!!)
AND THEN HE STOLE HOME TO WIN THE GAME!!!
What??  What the wha??? Yes, you read correctly.
That was no misprint.
Fi. Na. Lleeee... The Kid looked like a baseball player.
Miracles really do exist!!

8 comments:

kori said...

way to go bryson! got to love those exciting moments of baseball. he had to be so proud!!! keep it up!

Unknown said...

It was such a relief to see the hits!

Anonymous said...

I knew The Kid and Quincy were going to get a hold of that ball. Congratulations to both. Has the Kid come down to normal yet? Keep it up. Gramma G

Anonymous said...

I couldn't let my team down! And for that last double I used a trick Coach taught me: to back out if the ball is close to you and hit it! Thanks Coach!

Tru Stories said...

Above Comment written by The Kid from his iPod Touch. And it is TOTALLY Shocking for The Kid to learn this week: that his father actually knows a thing or two about sports!

Unknown said...

Why, did Coach play sports?

Anonymous said...

Of course he played sports... He was the MVP for Dwight Yrojans basketball!
- The Kid

Galaway girl said...

I wish I was there…or I think