Monday, August 9, 2010

Sugar and Spice.....

A tiny, precious baby girl was born.
Sweetly named, Shelby Jayne.

Her parents are not our closest friends. Which caused an inner debate on writing such a personal post. And yet, we know their families. We know their friends. And we know, without question, they are all very good people.
The sort, a small town would claim,
'Comes from Good Stock'.

Shelby's future was immediately paved with little bumps and detours. And despite, not being a friend on their 'call list' her situation is nagging on my heart.

After 3 pregnancies, the miracle has never ceased to truly amaze me. If anything, I was more awed with each. A woman's belly (otherwise, a stress-inducing, button-too tight, finger-poking flab, thorn in our side) is the Womb to a Life. Our Tummy, becomes God-like, with the ability to grow beautiful blue eyes, button noses and tiny beating hearts.
A Life.
We can grow a Life.

And with each child born to me. I marveled that much harder, at the gift I received. There were several months, gripped with fear that my Coco would suffer from my ailments and/or medications. Many sleepless nights, filled with worst case scenarios. We prepared for loss of hearing, kidney failure, developmental delays.
And we were carefully handed...
A chunky, healthy, glowing bundle of baby.

She will always be the blessing, I am most grateful for.



Despite, Shelby Jayne's situation...
I am certain, she is a blessing her parents are also very grateful for. A beautiful baby girl, with a fragile, little Heart already filling with love...from her Special Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and her Blondie Big Brother.

Therefore, I would love to welcome her to the world.
Her and the other little babies born recently, or soon to be born to our many pregnant friends.
Congratulations, Parents on facilitating your miracles. Your legacies, your place in this world. Congratulations on creating a Life, for filling your arms with hugs, your halls with squeals and your kitchen floors with
Peanut Butter and Jelly Crusts.

I will take liberty, on behalf of Shelby Jayne.

And ask you to Please,

*Extend her and her large,
funnywouldgivetheshirtofftheirbacksoftballlovinfamily..
A Prayer.
A kind thought, a mental Headnod, a Positive Vibe or shot of good Karma,
their way.

*And Last.
Try to hug your babies today.
Marvel at their beauty.
Their uniqueness, their Crazy Curly Hair, their beautiful Red lips, their tanned faces and brilliant little minds.
Kiss and squeeze their cheeks.
Even if your baby is 30.
Or a grumpy teenage boy.
Or a Sassy 8 year old.
Or a Tink, who will inevitably smack your kiss away.
Maybe Text your son, or call your daughter.
Or maybe, just thank yourself and God for creating...
Your Baby.

Welcome to our town, Shelby Jayne.
You are a lucky Girl.

2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Shelby Jane I've had you in my heart all day, before I even knew your beautiful name. There is a town full of prayers coming your way.

The Mrs. said...

My mom just called with news of Shelby Jayne's arrival. As a childhood friend of both her mommy and daddy, my heart and mind are with them both as they welcome their precious baby girl into the world and face the challenges that may lie ahead. Welcome to the world, sweet Shelby!