Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Heart Thursday Lunches.

A conversation at the lunch table.
Cast...
Coach, One and Tink.
(I was just eating my tacos and minding my business.)

Coach: Are you going to Three's game on Monday?

One: Monday...? I thought he played JV on Fridays?

Coach: He's playing both Freshman and JV. This will be the greatest year of his life!
(Me...quietly ignoring that the Greatest Year of Coach's life was at 15. Ouch)

One: He plays both? I thought kids didn't do that so they don't hurt themselves for Varsity?

Coach: Those kids need to grow some N**s. I can't get over how the kids now-a-days in this town need to find some N**s.

Tink: Dad...day don't need any N**s...dere are pine cones all ober the street!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny! That is also very sad. Why would freshman football be the best thing in Coach's life. Why not varsity football or varsity basketball? How about baseball. Just does not make any sense.

Tru Stories said...

It's because he got to play two football games a week...

Doc said...

Too funny!! But I do like the way Coach thinks

Anonymous said...

Coach needs his own blog...he's the bomb.-Worhol