Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August Blows a Little.

New Markers: Check
Paint Smock: Check
Dramatic on the floor meltdown: Check
Folders: Check
'Welcome to 3rd Grade!' letter ripped to shreds: Check
New shoes: Check
Declaration that he is NEVER going back: Check
Pencils: Check
Attempt to lock himself in his room: Check

Yep...Summer is over.



With MUCH protest, we dressed The Kid up, swore to him 'It really is against the law' not to go to school and headed to the 3rd Grade.
Our school throws a 'Clap-In'.
Otherwise, know as 'Eye-rolling by Coach-In'.
Parents fill the Hall and Clap as the children parade by.
Normally, I feel zero reason to clap, as I dread each year my son ages. Except yesterday, we welcomed Six and Nine into our district. And I will clap till my hands bleed 'Red'bird over that.





(Just waiting on Four, Five and Eight!)



The Kid is sporting a pretty cute smile, considering "He has no friends! His teacher is not Mrs. O! He somehow lost a few of his supplies! and... This is the worst day of his whole life!"

I totally sympathize. I would easily label this summer, One of the very Best Eva. We were crazy.every.minute.planned.out.too.many.camps...etc busy. And we loved it.



Bye-bye SwimSuitCuties.
Thanks for the memories.

Up next...
'Somebody' has to start preschool.
Choke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will clap until my hands bleed Redbird. That is great.
Grammy

Doc said...

Congratulations all you Redbirds!! Welcome back to school.

Tru stories currently we bleed Shark blue

The General said...

I hear the really cool moms high-five the students as they come in.