Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Go, Go, Go, Go, Go....

Go Shorty
It's your birthday
We gonna party like
It's your birthday
We gonna sip Bacardi
Like It's your birthday
And You know we don't give a heck
Cuz it's your birthday...!!
 
To my Eldest Nephew, on his 21st Birthday:
Let's Get Realz.
Have you made a few mistakes? Uhh Yep.
Are you sometimes a mouthy little S O...? Fo Sho.
Do you often make the wrong decision, when we know your are capable of making the right one? Most Def.
Are you still sorta lost, confused and wondering? Unfortunately, yes.
 
But on Saturday, when there were bunches of people around, beer readily available to sneak and multiple bands to bounce your head too.... Did you and your brotha (Jumbo Joe) spend well over an hour, playing catch with my brother? 
Abso-heartabouttoburst-lutely.  Which makes you both, the very best kind of people I know.  The very best kind of people, I want my children to follow by example.  The very best kind of people, I am honored to call my family.
 
Now that you are officially a legal Grown Up, I will elaborate on the very sound Aunt Advice, I wisely imparted to you a while back:  Lots of times, Life sucks.  It screws good people, without rhyme or reason.  It hurts. It burns.  And it will really tick you off. But if you can keep your funny, if you can joke through the ugly, if you keep on being the most hilarious person you know... You. Will. Be. Alright.
 
And you, my dear Nephew...
Are easily the most hilarious person, you know.

You're gonna be more than alright, Kid.
Because you have star quality.
And we all love to watch you shine.
Happy Birthday, One.
The world is yours to take.
Still. So take it already...!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Hey I'm much older than you and still trying to figure out what to do with my life. Follow your heart. Your huge, sweet heart.
The Page Turner

Flag Girl said...

Happy Birthday #1, Love you so so much! Hope you enjoy your Birthday Month!

Munchkin said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday #1. Had a great time yesterday. Thanks for the invite. Love you to pieces! Gramma G

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 1! Proud to call you my godson, if in fact you really are...Listen to Tru Stories, she has been around a long time and has made many mistakes, she is wise. STRENF!

Coach said...

Happy birthday, had a great time at your party, holla.