Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nothing should have that many legs.

This morning, I woke to Tink screaming in her sleep.
She had a nightmare.

"I was at Aunt Flag girl's newb house and Gramma was tickaling me and der was a weally big spider crawling on da floor, at me."

I should feel a little guilt. I have a pretty crazy, irrational fear of spiders. I have tried, not to pass fears onto my children. I rarely panic and if Coach is not home, I will Man Up and kill the beast myself.
But the fact remains, they are creepy little vampires, with too many legs and the Deal with the Devil Ability to crawl upside down.
Therefore, who can blame her.
I have had several nightmares of my own, awake and asleep. In regards, to the arachnid species.
My fears are as listed:



1. As I peacefully slumber, one may crawl across my face and/or enter my mouth. The reason for why I will prematurely wrinkle, from forcefully pursing my lips together, in my sleep.

2. As I lay, I will watch in slow motion a spider fall from the ceiling towards me. Unable, to properly dodge out of the way, for fear it may land in my hair.

3. A Black Widow spider nest, may be comfortably inhabiting my garden gloves and/or any pair of shoes.

4. At some point, I may accidentally enter and then immediately lock myself, in a room with thousands of different species of spiders, roaming about with complete evil freedom.

5. Covering my youngest with her blanket, only to discover the most evil albino spider has fallen onto her belly. Having to suppress the urge to either spastically throw the baby to the floor or slap her, to kill the insect. (True story.)

6. Having to use the restroom, in the middle of the night, to find a spider has cast it's web across the toilet bowl.

7. Finding yourself, completely vulnerable and at their mercy as the spider crawls into your shower.

8. Actually, taking a break to type this post, walking across the room and nearly smacking into a tiny spider hanging from the ceiling. Luckily, my keen Spider Eye, spotted the bleeper. Unluckily, I was forced to clap it between my hands.

9. A spider will crawl up my leg, as I drive, screeching across several lanes of traffic, killing myself and innocent pedestrians, as I knock it to the floor and then hyperventilate knowing it is alive under my seat.

10. While outside at night, accidentally walking face-first into a Wood Spider Web.

11. Also, but not limited too:
Tiny specks of spiders, I cannot see.
Losing my entire thigh to a brown recluse.
Ticks in my hair (they are spider-like)
Spider Dance Parties Hidden Under my bed.
Spider Egg Sacks.
Tiny Jumping spiders, especially near my car window.

As you can see, Tink has a completely rational reason for having Spider Nightmares. Now.... her fear of worms seems a little ridiculous.

5 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Tink never has nightmares of her utopia we like to call Grammy's. It is fairies and dreamsicles at Grammy's world.

Bookkeeper said...

Ok, now you have given me a fear of spiders; which I didn't have before I read your post. Yuck! I may never sleep again. I'll give you a jingle when I wake up screaming.

Flag Girl said...

She MUST have been having the nightmare about the old house! I guess its almost time for Flag Girl to have a sleepover so Tink can have sweetdreams about my house

And Grammy......get over yourself!

Tru Stories said...

Flag girl..you or anyone else, can take any of these kids for a sleepover...whenever you may please.
Seriously.

Stephanie said...

I know it's horrible, but my brother got bit from a brown recluse when he was on a Boy Scout trip, the camp leader thought it was poison ivy at first. Uhm...no...it wasn't! Good thing he came home the day after he was bitten...Mom took him to the doctor...(she should have waited longer)....but today he lives to see another day...darn it! I think he coaxed the spider to bite him just to get out of all of his chores for the next 2 weeks b/c he had to have his leg propped up with ice....ugh...guess who had to do his chores?