Friday, June 11, 2010

Remind me again?

I have forgotten, what it feels like too:

*eat an entire bowl of cereal, without sharing bites.

*casually, paint my toenails, without also painting 20 other tiny toes, as I frantically blow on them to dry.

*just lay, on the couch and do nothing.

*flip the TV on, without immediately finding Dora.

*shower, without a tiny audience, on the other side of the curtain.

*walk down the hallway, without picking up a toy.

*dress, without quickly covering up, in front of inquisitive eyes.

*sit on my patio and read.

*make a meal, small enough for two.

*sleep soundly and into the morning.

*have a clean house.

*talk on the phone without hissing for someone to 'please BE QUIET!'

*have a free weekend.

*speak in a grown up voice.

*weed my garden, without checking to see if the baby is eating dirt.

*sit down to dinner, without making sure Tink has her favorite plate, The Kid has the right amount of Milk and Coco has her food, perfectly cut in baby bites.

*venture to a beach/pool without 1 plus hour, of sunscreening, diaper changing, swimsuit wrangling, snack packing, water toy bagging and then actually relax in a lounge chair without constant scanning for possible drowning, sand eating, kidnapping, water diaper pooping, racing to the toddler to the potty, feet on hot sand burning and the dreaded "Time to Pack it Up" announcing.

*take an evening stroll without a stroller.

*just go to bed, when I am tired.

*drive, in an empty vehicle.

Quick Reminder to Myself:
One day, I will desperately try to remember, what right now felt like.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

You will remember what it felt like. You won't have as much time as you think because your 100 children will multiply making you a busy Grammy. Don't let people kid you taking a shower in the bathroom with little people watching is not something you miss. Reading a book with no noice is nice! Snuggles with a baby still beats all of that.

The Mrs. said...

I can tell you that:

1. You already have a clean house. I saw it myself, and it is adorable. Maybe it's not always as clean as you'd like it, but when does that ever happen for anyone with some sort of life?

2. Dora disappears when Tink starts watching iCarly. Coco will become instantly hooked as well (mostly because Tink will not allow anyone to watch anything else).

3. Sleeping soundly & reading on the patio may happen when the youngest of your 750 children are four and six years old. At least it appears to have happened for me, and IT. IS. GlORIOUS.

4. Showering solo is achieved by strategic placement of a childproof door knob cover on the outside of the door. I take no responsibly for the safety and well being of children & home on the other side of that door, but I can guarantee a audience-free cleansing. Shouts and banging on the door are not, however, eliminated with this method.

As for the rest of it? I feel ya, sista.

Stephanie said...

I miss being able to chat with my mother while she is in the shower, its where lots of interesting conversations go on. Her added plus, if she needs another bottle of shampoo, it is handed to her without the pain of getting out of the shower and trampling all over the bathroom floor dripping water off her hair just to wash the darn stuff and get a bottle of shampoo out of the cabinet! I think she misses those days of four girls in the house and only two bathrooms. May I also mention that there is a lock on the main bathroom for when she really wanted privacy, but if she didn't use it, well then it is an invitation, Right?