Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Gosh, ya know what would be super neat?
If it would rain.

I can barely remember, the last time it really rained.
It has been so gosh darn long, since I walked across a wet, squishy lawn.
Or woke up to a Glorious Cloudy morning.




It has been Ages! since I fell asleep to the sound of thunder gently rolling in the distant evening sky.
The weeds have barely had the opportunity to flourish AmazonJungleStyle, thanks to our Monsoon-like environment.
My children, get giddy with the excitement of a fun little storm and hardly EvEr talk about another Tornado.

I just Heart the BeJesus out of humidity and keep my fingers super, tightly crossed that we can get whole bunches more of it. As my hair just thrives, in Ultra Groovy Muggy conditions.

I also Heart when:

*I consistently sit on wet lawn furniture.

*We receive/make 47 calls a day, in regards to which baseball/softball game may be Rain Delayed.

*Mud.

*The Pleasant Surprise of realizing we actually live in Louisiana Swamplands, rather than the Midwest.

*Visiting the Weather Radar Website, 4-7 times a day.

*My son's Fantastical attitude, after Golf Camp is cancelled. Because the look of Utter Broken-Hearted Disappointment is much more endearing than the Joy-filled smile after the purchase of his Brand New clubs.

Mostly, I Heart to teeny, little pieces
sharing nifty quality, indoor time with my children,
while they grow paler and more Vitamin D deficient each and every day of their Summer vacation, as it
rains.. and rains...and bleepin rains.

Who really enjoys the swimming pool, anyway?

Oh,
even more rain is expected today!
Fun, something Different!

6 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I heart sliding in the huge puddles of water on my porch and falling down all the steps. Fun! Summer is super great!!

The Bride said...

I LOVE that the rain filled our basement window wells so much that the pressure actually busted a small hole in the window.... who needs a pool outside when you can have one in your basement, waterfall included. :)

Parker said...

I love that I get to constantly worry that "Ole' Blue" (aka a giant blue tarp serving as roof on my recently purchased home), might realize that it is indeed meant to be temporary and decide to let 2 inches of rain into my house every other night!

And, I love that I each time it rains, it only delays the work on the house.

And, I love tru stories sarcasm! (Honestly, I do!)

The Mrs. said...

Rain is super duper fun on summer vacation. Is this what its like to live in Forks? Should I be expecting a Bella and Edward sighting soon?

You know, the only thing better is superb weather on the days when you're going to be a self-imposed prisoner in your own home as you bake in the hot sun selling your child's lives away.

The General said...

Was that the Amazon or Pine Cone Path?

Anderson Family said...

Seems to me if someone is stuck in the house due to rain, they should be blogging more often.