Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birthday Cheer.

Give me a G.....

G...stands for Grammy. A role that will be her legacy. One, she has never been more suited for. An honor she fully embraces. With smiles, gusto, creativity, love and overwhelming compassion.

R...stands for Really...? Really, the Grand-children get to use the couches as battleships, when my brother and I were never allowed to stand on the furniture? Really, they get to randomly plant flowers, where ever they darn please in your flower garden? Really, they get to walk along your counter tops? Really, Tink says Jump and you say "How High, Princess?"

A...stands for Absence. In this case, it definitely did not make your heart grow fonder. Actually, it really ticked your heart off. Leading, to 1 nearly paid off family home, quickly thrown on the Market. So that 1 (pretty similar) home may be purchased, just a few blocks away from ours. Making The Kid's, bike ride MUCH shorter.

M...stands for Mother. I can fondly remember, when you were mine. You were an exceptional, loving, cheese toastie making, kind of mother. Now, you sometimes, say Hi to me...but only after, hugging all three children....asking about their day...giving them a present...noticing if they got cuter over night...etc.



M...stands for More. My children need much more of you. More of your time, your adventures, gifts, love, hugs, snuggles, slumber parties, crafts...More. Most important, many more of your birthdays. You are More than essential to their happiness.

Y...stands for You. You are our center. Our 'In case of Emergency' phone call. Our house to walk too. Our chlorine loving life guard. You, wrap us in comfort. You overfill our stockings and our Camp mailbox with letters. You are the constant, the hand that rocked the cradle and rubbed my pregnant belly. You are our library card, our Field Trip Guide and our rubbing stick. You are the original, Brown Eyed Girl.

What's that spell?
Grammy!

Happy Birthday, Grammy.
Without you, I literally, would not be able to write this!
You deserve a birthday, as special, as you have made each of mine.

We love you.
Love you two.
Love you three.
Love you four.
Love you more.

11 comments:

Tru Stories said...

Dear Andrea's baby:
If you were waiting until June 1st to make your entrance...
Here it is.
Get moving.

Flag Girl said...

Happy birtday Grammy! Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grammy. May you have many more and eventually retire and have your coffee-book shop. Have a great day.

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday, Grammy!

Bookkeeper said...

Happy Birthday Grammy! You are loved by a wonderful family. Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grammy!!! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Grammy!!Awesome picture!! Doc

Anderson Family said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I have to admit I am an awesome Grammy. Since I could not have kids of my own, I really devoted myself to grandchildren.

Flag Girl said...

I'm confused Grammy?

you can call me al said...

Happy Birthday & best wishes for many, many more!

Anderson Family said...

Flag Girl - I like to give Tru Stories a hard time because she is jealous of my grand babies.