Friday, April 23, 2010

We don't call her Tink for nothing.

As an excellent follow up to my last post.

I ask you...
How do you make the cutest little Gap skirt, look ridiculous?

By pairing it with another, cute little Gap Skirt, thrown over your shoulders like a shawl. Of course.
And then, march yourself outside, just like wearing two skirts is the most sensible fashion statement, a girl can make.



(Belly view)

(Back view)



Coco, went for the more subdued look, of just wearing a plain white onesie, no pants, no socks, on the driveway.
Unfortunately, I can not really blame her, for the lack of clothing.

Just a few hours earlier....
Tink, dressed cute as a button, picked Lilacs to take to her (high-school sponsored) pre-school teacher, The Bride.
At first glance, this may appear sweet and innocent.
And yet....



The Bride's father, just recently moved across the street from us.
This fashion parade, took place, as he manicured his already very perfect yard. Even his garbage cans, look clean.

Tink and I both fear, it is only a matter of weeks, before this man bellows across the road...

"For God sakes, woman, can't you even pretend to try to take care of your children?!!"

And I would love to reply,

"I am doing my best, they are very spunky and eccentric children"

except, we all know...

I could probably try, just a little more.

But I had a new US magazine and Oprah was on.
A mother has to prioritize.

Until, Oprah has retired and celebrities have stopped making news, we will continue to butter up various, potential DCFS phone calls...with pretty flowers.

9 comments:

Anderson Family said...

That is just a tiny portion of what makes our Tink to Tinkable. If she is going to go for it, she will grab it with two hands and go. While she is doing it, she will look at everyone else like they are ridiculous for not wearing two skirts. Love you my Tink!!!

Bookkeeper said...

I think it looks lovely. It's a new fashion trend. Tink is ahead of her time and a fashionista. Get with it Mom!!

Anonymous said...

She looks like a cute, little mushroom! Maybe she'll meet a Fungi! HAHA! (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!

The Bride said...

My father would never yell across the street... he would call up Mr. Miller and gossip about it... no public humiliation! And I LOVED the flowers, and think Tink is beyond lovely and darling, she's the teacher's pet! :)

Anonymous said...

If anyone can pull it off, Tink can!

The Mrs. said...

Do they sell those skirts in adult sizes? She's got a style all her own, and I love it!

Stephanie said...

Tink is just too cute! I think Coco is just sitting this fashion competition out, she'll get Tink figured out in no time, and then watch out Tink....Coco will stealing your flowering parade!

ct said...

Love this!!! Hilarious!!! love you little tink! :)