Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Vacation

My vacation was essentially the same vacation as Coach, minus the 'Can in the Bag'. I took a little more class, to New Orleans.
But...just a little.

1. I am as Young as I once Was...
I proved, that I can lighten up.
After a very long Saturday of packing, tearfully telling our children goodbye, flying South and Wide Eyed walking Bourbon Street...we turned in by midnight.
Except, after hearing the bands play on and on, I declared "Let's Head Back Down".
I am crazy, wild.

We spent another 2 hours, dancing, laughing and lovin life...in my glasses and a pony tail.
Cuz ImmaBe awesome like that.

2. Hello Brangelina.
After, some mild Internet stalking, I was able to locate Brad Pitt's home address in the Quarter.
Casually prepared with a mini map, we nonchalantly strolled passed their home and I accidentally leaned against the outside, for a quick 5 minute photo shoot.
Even though, I believe they were in Italy, I felt their home exterior and I shared a moment....I am pretty sure they will be calling us to hang out.
After we purchase the adjoining building.
Holla back, Angie.

3. Blue Shutters.
I LoVeD the French Quarter.
Loved the homes, the architecture, the cast iron railing with ivy trickling down.
I want, want, want to live there.


And when I do:
I want Blue Shutters.

If only, I knew an Artist, who was familiar with paint colors, and could help me pick out the shade of blue that would look pretty with my boring, brick home.
If only,he were coming to my home on Sunday, and could bring some paint swatches with him.
If only...

4. The Garden District.
Loved the Streetcar.
Loved the Cemetery.
Loved Coach trying to find one deceased with his Irish last name.
Loved when he realized SEVERAL bodies are stuffed in one DeadBodyCoffinHouse together.
It is creepy fantastic.


The ginormous homes are beautiful.
Touched Nicholas Cage's fence.
I don't think we are going to hang out.
We didn't really have a moment.



5. The best part of my vacation?
Coach was mine.
Puke, gag, barf...I know.
Yet, I NEVER and I am saying NEVER, really get me some Coach.
His six jobs, his idol worthy sports, his family, our family, his friends, his just being nonstop superfly cool always have a piece of my husband.
But this weekend, for the first time ever...
Coach was all mine.
And,
I
Loved it.


6. Confession.
Did I miss my children?
Honestly...
Not too darn much. I love my babies. I neber, eber, leave them. We are together all. the. time.
On day three, I was ready to return. I soaked up their happy hugs, I noticed they were even cuter, but I was pretty comfortable with their well being.
They were exactly where I had left them....



What?
I left plenty of food and water in bowls around the room.
The Kid can change diapers.
No biggie.
.
.
.


Seriously,
Thanks to Grammy, Pop-pop and Uncle for all your hard work. We appreciate you.
And to be fair,
I admit, the kids did not miss us, either.

Looks like we'd better plan another trip.


FYI- I apologize for the use of the Country Song.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Maybe you did not miss your kids. I know your kids did not miss you. BUT, Grammy & Popop MISSED you. We appreciate what you do more. We are very glad you got some Coach time. Lucky for you, there will be family vacation time this summer. You can soak up time together in between family time.

The Mrs. said...

I've been waiting for this post all day? My comment: although you're always stunning (even in yoga pants & pony tail) I don't think I've ever seen you look so relaxed. Coach was right with the constant compliments; New Orleans suits you. BUT! Don't rush down there just yet...we've got some houseboatin' to do first.

(And p.s. You can have Brad. He lost me at Angelina, but we will come visit anyway to hang out with the four of you and your nine kids when they realize you guys are their new BFFs)

The Mrs. said...

Correction on a fatal punctuation error:

I've been waiting for this post all day!