Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Buy my Junk.

So...I am having a Garage Sale.



Yuck.
I am not a fan.
While, I do not mind, occasionally strolling past a sale, I have never desired to have a Garage Sale, of my own.
Yet, I am.

With my last little baby, quickly approaching her first birthday, it is time to purge. We need to make room for 'Big Girl' toys and clothes.

So bye-bye, bassinet, baby clothes/blankets, tiny shoes, baby toys and large ticket items.
Cleaning house!
What a relief.
Room for big kids to stretch out and play.

Except, last night, as I emptied bins...it hit me a tiny bit, Bye-bye to babies.
I am done, having babies.
D to the O to the N dot the E....DONE.
Three is my magic number.
I have not, been upset over Coco's first birthday, in the least. While, I love a newborn, I am really more of a toddler, kind of mom.
I am excited, for Coco to turn one.
I am thrilled to hear each new word, to have chunky learn to walk and save my back, to see her play with her sister and her friend Twelve. I say,
"Go Ahead, First Birthday...bring it on!"

Then why was I upset?
Because there are tiny little toys, jammies and blankies that belonged to my Eight Year old. My huge, giant son. I found my favorite little jammie pants, not even as long as his man-size shin.
So this is what I say.
Go ahead, Coco...turn One.
Go ahead, Tink....turn Four.
(She still won't be taller than a 2 yr old)
But, Eight...that is out of the question.
Too old.
If Coco turns Eight, Tink is Ten and The Kid is Fifteen.
(insert: crazy, weird, scared laugh)



The family member, most emotional over the sale?

First guess?
Wimpy, Coach?
Wrong.

Second guess?
Drama filled The Kid?
Wrong, again.

Tink. She is having a meltdown over the toys and shoes. Forcing Coco to play with things. Trying to squeeze Coco's feet into tiny shoes.
As I repeatedly, explained, Coco is turning One, she can not use baby stuff.
Tink replied (finger pointing to me)

"You hafta find a newb liddle baby for us. For dis house. In you belly."

Sorry, Tink. No go.
Maybe, I will buy you a new doll, with the proceeds.

FYI-
If you require any baby item, under 18 months
head to our home,
Thursday evening 5-7:30pm or
Friday 8:00am-1:00pm

Take it all...
Girls need a new Bunk bed.
And mama needs some money for the Cubs game.

1 comment:

Cath said...

I'm there! But maybe don't let Tink be there...I don't know if I could buy anything if her adorable little face is looking at me like I'm the worst person in the world...taking her toys!