Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pop of Red

Dear Mr Cardinal,


Good morning. I very much enjoy that your spirits are lifted by Spring. Mine are, as well. The children and I have delighted in watching you hop around, with your wife, gathering string for your home and searching for worms in the wet soil.
Spring has sprung, and your cheerful chirps are a pleasant reminder.
That said, I would like to question your decision to nest in the bush, immediately outside my bedroom window. To your credit, it is a lovely cover for your expanding family. Though, there are several very suitable locations on the other side of our home.
We are not really morning people. We are a sleepy bunch and your 5:00am song, feels a touch early. We would appreciate your singsonging Good-morning around 7:20ish am, if you would not mind.
Of course, when I say 'We' and I am referring to myself. You could fly smack into the window, lighting a firework and my husband would not stir. At least, that appears to be the case, when Coco is crying or Tink is screaming from a nightmare. He barely flinches, while I repeatedly kick him as his knee lifts the blanket up and down and up and down and up and down.....
Deep Breath.
And.... we're back.
Unfortunately, Mr. Cardinal, I require several hours of sleep each night. It has been mentioned, I am sometimes a bit of a grump. Actually, another not so nice word has been used by Coach, or even my mother, a few friends and occasionally an in-law. It is possible, they may be exaggerating and I am actually a very pleasant and delightful person...but I somehow doubt that.
Therefore, I would greatly appreciate an immediate relocation of your home. We would love to keep you. Your spot of red is exactly the pop of color our yard requires to remain fashionable.
However, I feel if you continue outside my window, I cannot be blamed for possibly ripping it open in a crazy morning-hair kind of rage that would result in hot water thrown onto your nest, each and every bright sunshiny morning until you leave.
Also, my husband has borrowed and never returned a chainsaw, and I am not afraid to tell him to use it.
Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

A grand lover of Mother Nature and her splendid spoils.
Except, all and any species of spider, specifically wolf spiders and the indoor albino spider that chose to nap upon my bathroom shower curtain.
You are very, not splendid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleasant my ass

Anderson Family said...

Hey Anonymous, that is my snotty daughter you are talking about. Darling Daughter, I thought we referred to the cardinals as a pleasant reminder of a wonderful Grandmother that used to reside in your home. The cardinal must have mistaken you for your caring and sweet Grandma.

Anonymous said...

Tru Stories...you crack me up!