Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not cool.

Last summer, my parents took The Kid, to Niagara Falls.
Even the mention, of 'Niagara Falls' has been a constant thorn in our side since.

"Did you know that yada, yada gallons of water fall each nanosecond.."
"Did you know the largest ship that can travel the..."
"Did you know that 47 men have died since...."


Anyway...

No fact or story, could have been more beating.me.in.the.head.with.a.stick obnoxiously painful, than the school paper that was returned home, yesterday.

The few sentences are sweet, whatever...
but the portrait
the (Ouch) perfect drawing The Kid has rendered,
hit me like a punch to the belly.

As a matter of fact,
Reality has Jacked Me and the after effect, is stinging.

Look closely.
Very closely.



At my Father's...

PonYtaiL.

%$@@#*!!

Even typing the word, just hurt.

Since retirement, my father has decided to Stick It to The Man, My Pride and my husband's profession by growing his hair out.
Fine,
FINE,
when I have to see it drawn out, by my child's hand...
Not fine.
Not cool, at all.
Not even hangin out at the same Burger Joint with Cool.

(I must quickly, point out, the eerily accurate depiction of my Mother/Cindy Crawford, skinny jeans, long flowing hair, contact lenses. It is really remarkable.)

So the question remains...

When do you know it is time, to cut your ponytail?

Answer:

A.) When your grandson, draws it on his school papers, as if it is the most normal thing in the world?

B.) When you daughter puts her desperate plea, on the Internet?

C.) When you are a man, who is growing a ponytail, in the first bleepin place!!!?

D.) All of the above.


By the way Dad,
Thanks for watching the kids!
No hard feelings!
Just blog humour.
Ask Coach, it is fun.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I'm crying. Tears running down my face crying. I wish I could say it was from laughing. It is reality. Seeing the pony tail in all it's glory. By the way, Love You Kid. Just when I thought I needed a diet, looks like not so much. I look hot in pictures. I also noticed that Popop is an African American. Must be his great tan!

Tru Stories said...

Sorry, to bust out that reality to everyone, mom. But I felt, it had to be done.
I didn't even mention that he drew the hat and beard, well enough, it could have been a photo.

Anderson Family said...

On closer inspection, I see that his face is black from all the hair. Nice! Very accurate picture of the favorite hat with the flag on it. My picture is accurate too, except for the large hands.

Andrea said...

I love being right, I knew exactly what the issue was! hilarious.
Grammy- what did you expect? making him buy you composters & becoming green, it's only fitting!