Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New and Stylish: Part 2

Tink wanted dramatic.
She wanted: Short. New. Stylish.
I'm usually pretty laid back with the girls' fashions but ... 1.) it took FOREVER for Tink to actually grow real hair. 2.) I fully understand the rash need by curly girls, for centuries, to want to chop off their hair and it's never really the right choice... so as her elder: I vetoed her request.
The Before Pics:

                                       
 
We went with bangs, lots of chunky layers and a few inches.  In addition, Jodi straightened her hair for good Stylish Measure.  Tink LOVED it.  (Especially, the straight).  We've had several discussions this evening, about how... Yes, it can be straight at school tomorrow but NO we will not make straightening a habit.
If I don't bother to straighten my curl,
I'm sure as heck not spending my morning flat ironing a six year old.  No danks.
 


When Tink got home and spent quality time in front of a mirror... she declared "I'm so beautiful!!  I look like a REAL third grader!"
WHAT???
I'm not prepared to mother girls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not prepared for girls. The Kid brings drana. Love the hair. Dislike Big Girl Tink. Grammy

arizona said...

wait, Tink is not in 3rd grade, right? did i sleep thru 2 years??

Tru Stories said...

She's in Kindergrtn... that's why the Comment freaked me and Coach out!! How does she even know what 3rd Grade is??

ct said...

super cute. i love it!

ct said...

super cute. i love it!