Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What is in a Name?

BlacKbird sTudio. The explanation.



Life. Is hard. Life is not designed to be easy. Life can be tedious. Mundane. Full of schedules, appointments, places you JUST have to be. Life is unfair. WHY can't my son win the Spelling Bee? Why did the dog HAVE to bite her beautiful face? Why can't I afford new carpet?
The questions, complaints and 'why nots' can overwhelm the average person. Can make your day feel heavy. But the majority of us... continue to drudge on. Just living to keep living.
Then, sometimes... Life becomes unbearable. Life will knock you down and while you try to pick yourself up.. it trips you again. Just to be funny. Occasionally, life takes a few of us and tries to break us. To see if it can. Unfortunately, it leaves a trail of broken and wanting people, trailed behind in it's wake. People who are unable, unwilling or just not strong enough, to battle back. Those people become lost. They learn to settle. To live with less, than they had dreamt for themselves.
Clarification: Learning to accept and feel gratitude for what Life is able to gift you... is different than settling for less than what your heart deserves.
I have been broken.
I have been without.
I've experienced loss for myself, my child, my brother. I have crumbled to the floor, in the midst of defeat. Then, told myself, I had not yet been defeatED.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,


This town. My husband. My family (new and old), my amazing new circle of friends, my babies... My life. They healed my wings.
This Yoga Studio, is the culmination of a dream realized. A Life lifted and rebuilt, on love and trust. My studio? Coach's shop? This is our 'moment to arise'.

Yoga is an exercise designed to connect the student, back to themselves. Giving yourself, one hour to better your mind and body. To heal, what is broken. To shine light on your dark night. I hope my studio, is a space of peace and relaxation, to hundreds of students for many years to come.
__________________________________________

Last night, as we were falling asleep, Coach's body did the most dramatic hazy-in that space between total sleep and sorta awake- body jerk Eva. He's whole body seized up, as if possessed. Shaking the sheets.
I couldn't help myself.
I started giggling hysterically.
Unfazed, he fell deeper into sleep. Oblivious.
This made me laugh more, alone in the dark, at my husband's sleep-jerk. It became so funny to me, I almost wanted to wake him, just to make him giggle with me. Because is there anything better, than making Coach contagiously giggle?
That moment?
Was MY very happily, comfortably, settling into the best simplicity of Life. I am grateful, to have reached this week. I am blessed.
Living in this home? Parents and Small Business Owners in Small Town Midwestern America?
Sounds seriously pretty amazing to me.
Thanks to ALL of you, who helped us accomplish this flight. We are eternally grateful and in your debt.
(But at some point, we may need you to start paying for yoga classes and haircuts... not in the next couple months... but maybe one day!)

6 comments:

Munchkin said...

i feel very inspired after reading that and i'm not even being sarcastic

Unknown said...

That was so beautiful! It could not have happened to a more deserving couple.
What are you going to dream now?

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you both. worhol

Coach said...

I could not have written this any better myself, really not even close. We are very excited. I would also like to thank everyone who worked so hard to help us get this done. We could have never done this without you. It really is unreal how great of family and friends we have. I also would like to thank Tru Stories for doing all the unseen work during that long month. You are a great wife, and I am excited to start this adventure with you.

Coach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.