Sunday, April 22, 2012

That's a Cute Baby...

After no less than 57 viewings of Teacher Kaffee baby's pictures on Life and Times, the girls were very anxious to meet their newest little cousin. (Technically 2nd cousin.. but at this point, does it really matter?)
After the visit, this is what I learned:
1. THAT... is a pretty baby. Beautiful. The kind of baby, you lay against your chest and can feel yourself letting him sink into your physical heart. The Mrs. did not exaggerate... not even a little. 
2. If you've heard mention from his mommy, he will not sleep during the night... I'm gonna have to guess, that is no lie. During our entire visit, Wilder was passed around like a doll. Without so much as a wiggle or fuss. Deeply asleep, smack in the middle of the afternoon. Resting up, for a long night, I suppose.

3. My kids, look cute holding a baby.  Even little Tink, whom typically remains totally indifferent to most people or things, which do not directly affect her daily existance. All three kids, asked when we were getting our new baby. Ouch.
4. Baby stuff continues to become even cooler, with each passing month a child is born.  Items, I had purchased just 3 years ago... already seem antique.  How is it possible, receiving blankets have become awesome-er?? And I'm pretty sure Wilder's playpen (if it's even called that anymore) was practically robotic!  Lights, bells, whistles, canopies, mechanical arms folding from below to burp the baby for you...

Last: My baby fever is NOT diminishing with age.  If anything... it's gone into hyper drive.  I literally could have melted that baby into my neck and snuck out the door with him.  Ugh!! To the Powers that Be.  One more baby, wouldn't have been too much!
From Wilder's Driveway, I texted Coach the following:
I want a Baby.
He replied: Well, you can't have one.
To which I replied: You're mean.
He then declined to answer.

Therefore: Please contact me
at 1-800-trustoriesneedsanotherbaby
if you've got an extra laying around... or think being a totally free surrogate sounds like a super fun idea.  But... maybe don't ask to speak to Coach.

Otherwise... Somebody or Someone Else...
is gonna have to make me an aunt again. Soon!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Babies are like kittens. They grow into cats or kids. There are day you have trouble getting 2 little girls out of pajamas. You do not need 1 more.
Bride's baby is so beautiful! Go hold him some night between 12-3. See if you still need a baby.

The Bride said...

The Page Turner took the words right outta my mouth.... I'll text at 2:30 this morning! He's still beautiful then, just a little louder. I'm so glad you guys came over!

ct said...

I just told Coach the other day that "wilder" is one of the cutest babies i have ever seen. super super cute little guy.

ctodd

Tru Stories said...

Oh my G.. Page Turner:
You're like a broken record,
"You kids are always in their jammies... You hardly take care of the kids you already have" Yada, Yada.
MAYBE the 4th baby will be the good one? MAYBE the 4th baby will take better care of themselves? MAYBE the 4th baby will have that robot play pen and stay in there happily...

Flag Girl said...

babies grow up to be teenagers......2am feedings got nothing on that drama.

Unknown said...

Flag Girl - Tru Dat!

Everyone wait for TS to freak because I said, Dat. I did it, and I'll do it again.

The Mrs. said...

Wilder would still be just as intoxicating at 2:30 am, I am certain of that. No plans this Saturday, Bride. You know who to call if you need a break.

I am seriously the luckiest aunt alive to have not one but two adorable newborn nephews. It's evil of my sisters-in-law to put me in such a Baby Fever frenzy, but I'm working through it one day at a time.

Munchkin said...

I'm so happy Page Turner said "dat"

Unknown said...

Thank you Munchkin. TS tries to bring be down all the time. Don't say this, don't dance there, don't sing ever. So many RULes.