Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I want to throw everything away.

Four out of five of us, were smacked around by the stomach flu yesterday.
It was short lived but brutal.
At this moment, Coach is the only member unaffected. I give him less than 24 hours.
Because I am an utterly positive person, who dances around with hope, rainbows and pixies...I was able to find the silver lining, while tripping around Zombieland.

1. There may have been a few sympathy gags, but no actual sympathy pukes from Coach. Proving, he really is the Bigtoughman, he says he is.

2. Online, Kohl's towels are Buy One Get One for $1. We needed new towels anyway and at some point, in the blinding mania...washing machines and being 'Green' was no longer the right option. Purchase made, around 10:38pm last night.

3. The next day weigh-in. Not for the kids, we do not actually encourage stomach viruses to keep them fit and trim. Now, regarding myself...that weigh in was the best reason to crawl out of bed this morning!

4. Hearing Tink, say the word "Pukes" was by far the cutest and most pathetic thing, I have ever heard.

Also, at one point, The Kid said "Mom, I know you probably hear this all the time, but you are a really great mom for taking such good care of me."

Actually, I never hear that...you normally say you hate us. But I'll take it where I can get it.

5. Coco, was a one puke only. Again, proving she is the easiest of the bunch.

6. By far, the brightest...it only took down one parent at a time. Otherwise, we would have paid a taxi, to collectively check us into the hospital for 6 hours.

7. Coach cleaned, non-stop. Love that. There were several times last night, he seemed more attractive to me...I'm sure the feeling, was not reciprocated.

Most negative:
I hate the smell of Germ X.
Oh, and my poor little babies in pain...but mostly, the smell of Germ X.

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I am using the fact I was exposed to the flu as part of my diet. I feel like I can eat whatever I want. Soon I will puke it up and lose big weight. Come and get me flu. I'm ready for you.

Munchkin said...

I find that gastrointestinal viruses, while unpleasant, are not that bad as long as they stick to only one end at a time... plus they do always make the scale number nicer

The Mrs. said...

Been there, sock hop weekend as a matter of fact. It's fast and furious. The General was the only one not affected at our house as well.

Flag Girl said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I knew you could do it!