Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY SainT PATRICK's birthDAY

To our dear Godson, Saint Patrick.
Daddy got his wish, of never again celebrating this holiday, without his boy!
As with my Eleven, I am so very proud to be your god-mother. The title is truly an honor.
You are a guy's guy and we will be spending many hours at your athletic events. You have really taken to Coach and it burns me a little, every time I have to hand you over. I plan to change that, this summer.
I look forward to many years of loving you. It is a joy to have you and your super cute siblings, in our lives. I just hope you boys, do not break my girl's hearts.

(The following poem was given to Saint Patrick and his brother, for their birthdays. I admit, I stole the idea but rewrote the entire poem.)



Play Like a Champion, Ditta’s Boys

Papa John and Daddy, have a great, big giant wish.
For me to storm The Grotto, with the Fighting Irish.

First, I’ll have to grow
like all good Catholic boys.
Say my prayers, eat my veggies,
and clean up all my toys.

Listen to my mommy,
cuz I’m told she’s always right.
Honor ‘God, Country, Notre Dame’
and never start a fight.

Daddy tells me stories,
which will make my heart grow bold.
Of Rudy and The Rocket,
who wore the Blue and Gold.

Each night as I sleep,
I’ll ride The Horsemen in my dreams.
And cross my tiny fingers,
Lou will sign me to his team.

Every chilly Saturday,
Sunbury will proudly take their seats.
As I ‘win one for the Gipper’
with Michigan choking on my cleats.

Until that day, I pray God,
will bless our Duffy home.
And keep us safe and warm,
Cuddled beneath his Golden Dome.


Happy First Birthday, Saint Patrick.... the most perfect reason to celebrate this day. I hope your bright blue Irish eyes are smiling!

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday & St. Patrick's Day, little St. Patrick.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday ST. Patrick!!!
doc

Stephanie said...

Awe..Happy Birthday St. Patrick!