- The light switch was just invented.
- The Cubs played their 1st game at Wrigley Field.
- Day Light Savings Time begins.
- A five-person 1-shark attack occurs off the Jersey Shore, inspiring the story for the movie Jaws.
- Rembrandt died.
- Claude Monet was painting the Water Lilies series.
- Albert Einstein completes his Theory of Relativity.
- The Red Sox won the world series.
- A stamp cost $0.02
- Gregory Peck and Kirk Douglas were born.
And so was.. Lil GG.
Since her birth:
- We have fought and won 2 World Wars.
- There have been 16 presidents.
- A Great Depression.
- The Red Sox won the World Series 3 more times (with an 86 year losing streak). The Cubs... still play at Wrigley Field but unfortunately, even at 96 years young, Lil GG HAS NOT lived through a Chicago Cubs World Series win.
The Following Items have been invented, since the birth and during the Lifetime of Lil GG:
blenders, bubble gum, sun glasses, shopping carts, beach balls, deodorant,
... oh and the Chocolate Chip Cookie!!
In 96 years:
Lil GG has loved. She has lost. Her loving husband. Her beautiful daughter. She has mothered 4 good and kind children. She is a grandmother and great-grandmother to countless other very good and kind (and funny!) people.
She has created a legacy.
She is the very definition of the word amazing.
(Still and ALWAYS my Favorite Pic of Lil GG)
Happy 96th Birthday Lil GG.
And here's to many more....
(At this point, you at least need to stick around for that Cubs World Series win... it's just HAS be almost be their year... Right?!)