Monday, August 24, 2009

Supporting Characters


The Cast of supporting characters.
I have always wanted to be an aunt. How great to love a ton of cute little kids, have them at every party, keep their adorable pictures in your home, vacation with them, take pride at events that you are related to them (because definitely my nieces and nephews would be the best looking there) and you don't actually have to be responsible for them 24/7. Therefore, when I married my husband and instantly became an aunt to hundreds (almost!) it was a real bonus. I will blog about these kids often. Hope their parents don't expect me to draft a permission waiver.
Since I watch Special Victims Unit, I'll never use their names. One problem...there are too many to nick name so they are being numbered from oldest to youngest. This is a trick stolen from their grandfather. He can barely remember his children's names, I'm sure he hopes this technique will catch on.

#1. The big guy in the center holding Kat. Crazy funny, sarcastic, lots of personal style but as much as I love him, I could stand to smack him around a little. Still...he's about as cool as it gets. Just ask him.

#2. Our Streator guy. We were hoping he was our Dwight guy. Holding #12. Great with Tink. Found himself in a little bit of trouble recently. Great hair.

#3. Our state track star. When I joined the family I had never seen someone so cute in glasses...until The Kid. He's holding Tink. You may not recognize him, he has grown at least 7 inches in the last 4 months.

#4. This is an out of towner. Our Cubs expert, cute 'grown up boy' in the white Cubs hat. Has a little crush on his god-father for his athletic ability. Tink's got an even bigger crush on him.

#5. Our oldest girl in the High School Musical shirt. The Kid and her are big buddies right now. Don't mess with this one, she's as tough and cute as her mom.

#6. Cute boy on the edge. The Kid's bestest friend and Kat's twin on the hair part. Watching this boy walk across the yard is a treat. He knows what he is doing on a computer, watch out for his blog to be created soon, I'm sure.

#7. The Kid.

#8. This little blondie in back may look tiny but I think she turned 17 while we were in Shelbyville. She knows how to dress, she is a cuddler and fancies black nail polish.

#9. Her dad's worst nightmare. When she has her license Tink will be grounded for at least two years. When I joined this tiny thing hooked me. Most like Tink in the family. Cute little hippie, skinny thing on the side in one of the many two piece swim suits Tink will never be able to hand me down wear.

#10. Tink.

#11. My beautiful god-daughter with the Smile shirt. You don't see a smile on that serious face often but it lights up a room when she shares it. 10 days separate her and my girl. They are so alike and so not alike. For as messy as Tink is, Eleven is perfect. For as sassy as Tink is, she is sweet. They will be a pair to watch.

#12. Baby with the passie. I don't know her as well as I would like due to the pregnancy cave I was hiding in. She looks a little like someone I live with. I'm afraid she may be more like Tink and Nine. Maybe those three won't be allowed to drive around together. Unless, Eleven is there to keep them in line.

#13. Lucky, thirteen. Kat.

Is that it? Are my in-laws going to be finished with a Baker's Dozen? We'll wait and see.

But here's our first contest. We need feedback on a nickname for my husband. Send in your ideas. I'm sure you all will have MANY suggestions.
PS- Aunts and Uncles if you want your own nicknames start commenting under them. Otherwise, I may use the names my husband has already assigned you. (Stroke, I am looking at you).
Grammy, Pop-pop, Grandma, Grandpa and Gigi...your names are stuck in stone thanks to The Kid.

3 comments:

The Commissioner said...

How about D-Bag. It says it all and has tons of possibilities.

The Mrs. said...

This is going to be SO AWESOME! I'm so proud. Going to add you to my blog roll right now...

Tru Stories said...

Husband name suggestions are flooding in here and to my email. While they may be fitting let me remind you that this man is the father of my children. We may have to come up with cleaner and kinder nick names.
Also, I love The Commissioner. That nickname will stick until I have to change it to The Mayor.