Friday, August 2, 2013

Paging Dr McAwesome:


I implore you: to find one person who doesn't think Doc is awesome.  Who hasn't laughed hysterically in her presence.  Who isn't awed by her strength, devotion and fierce dedication. 
Please name one girl who isn't equally: a teeny bit scared of Doc and just as equally grateful she is in your corner. 
Ask to locate one brother: who isn't completely sure Doc and more capable than any real surgeon, or could name a better third baseman in all of Illinois (maybe further according to Coach).
Question any sister to learn, there is no greater big sister in the history of ever, no better BFF and yet no greater burden than to follow Doc's amazing sparkleness.
No child could find a better mother... (certainly not in this house, because my children routinely eye roll my instructions to clean bedrooms and Doc's kids skipped away to clean theirs while whistling a catchy tune.)
Or a parent, more equally grateful to have a daughter, literally responsible for helping save your life.
And I dare you to find a husband, more smitten.

All of the above, impossible.
Doc is a gift to this family.  A bright blue life of love.  Our body guard, our cheerleader, our favorite friend.  If Flag Girl, Coach or I barely hear the twinkle of Doc's voice... we are immediately nervous, we've inadvertently lost our 'In' with Doc.  Because NO ONE eva wants to lose that 'In'.
(thought honestly everyone knows Coach couldn't lose his 'In' with Doc because he is her cute little baby, so adorable she still buys him cutesie clothes, just to dress him up like her Fav high-fiving doll.)
Happy Birthday, Doc.
We could never get enough of you.

PS- I love  you.  Seriously... Lots.  Never get mad at me.. For example, if 'someone' doesn't have a real job and honestly thought that Friday's date was August 1st and maybe didn't realized her mistake until around 10:00pm last night... You wouldn't get mad at a blogger for something that small-ish... Luv U. You're amazing.  Heart you bunches.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Doc! I know you must be super busy saving lives, being super Mom and Super Wife, you have to be.......I have not seen your beautiful face in my sweet shop.
Grammy

Sweetbreads Bailey said...

Have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

You the bombdigity Doc! Love you -brohol

Munchkin said...

Happy Birthday!

I used to be a Hooker said...

Super happy birthday, Doc! Remember that one time when we thought we were rockstars in Chicago? No? I don't really remember much of it either, but I do recall lots and lots of laughing. Glad I got to experience all your awesomeness that your siblings are always talking up. Hope to do it again soon!!!

Coach said...

Happy birthday, hope your weekend gets even better.....pechhhiit.... good times.

Amanda Patten said...

Happy birthday to my favorite Doc. Hope your birthday celebration was fantastic!

you can call me al said...

Wishing you the best birthday yet!

Doc said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and kind words. I had a GREAT bday week!!

I hope to see the sweet shop soon & have another outing with Hooker!!

Thanks!