Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dear Arizona:

What you are about to see is shocking and unsettling..
Remember when The Kid was just a tiny 7 lb baby??  And he was the first little baby, you had kinda ever fallen for?  Who started to melt your I'm Never Gonna Have Kids- heart.  And I nicknamed him The Kid, when he was only weeks old... cuz it was funny to say "Won't somebody help me carry The Kid..??" (In the olden days, car seats were heavy.)
When you think of that little baby...
Did you ever think he would be THIS BIG?!!
 
 



I'm not sure what happened over the last month but my baby suddenly has man legs.... Not cool.

But when the track meets get cold (because they always do) The Kid is not too much of a grown-up to snuggle his Hot Box of a little sister.  (She's our personal family mobile furnace.)


This week, The Kid ran his best meet thus far.
It almost (I said, ALMOST) makes up for his nervous short-fused temper, before each and every meet.  Sometimes, I really love that mouthy little brat.

Arizona, one day this will happen to your boys.
Sorry... that was mean to say...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well TS you are feeling cruel today. Arizona will not be happy.

Tru Stories said...

Somebody needs to warn her that chunky baby boy legs turn into man legs, when you are not looking.
Nobody prepared me.

MelancholySmile said...

Cruel, cruel world! I have THREE boys to watch as they turn in to men. No fair.

Arizona said...


maybe tmrw you & PT can both do blogs about how you once worked a miserable life on a Farm, then your fairy God mother granted your wishes & you now live happily ever after in a Pleasentville stretching and eating candy all day.

but seriously... what is up w/ those man legs!?
#sad #icry #mybabiesaretiny #drinkyourhate-orade

Unknown said...

Wow that is one short haircut on the kid.

The Mrs. said...

Hurdles - yikes! I love me some track & field, but I'm not sure as a mom I could handle watching that.

Tell him to tuck those arms. He'll cut at least a second off his time just by making himself more aerodynamic & efficient.

Also, how many different school colors is The Kid going to showcase in one school year? Wasn't he wearing green during basketball? I can't keep up.

Tru Stories said...

Mrs-
Each time he is about to start the hurdles I feel sick from nerves... it's not really his race but he is getting better. He clears each hurdle by a couple feet (especially after watching a few friends fall).
And we are on the 3rd team color to support (tis the fate of a very small private school....)