Saturday, April 13, 2013

And so... I kinda ran again...

...barely.
We joined a morning 5k (for the boys) and 1 Mile jog (for the girls).  Sorta breaking my dramatic declaration to never run again.
Let me set the scene by explaining:
It. Was. Cold.  And then: More Cold.
 

We all took off as a group and my girls (well... Coach's girls..) were Super Pumped!!  Running and running and running... until we hit a solid wall of wind and I told the girls it was time to walk.  Actually, I made them walk at least 3 times.  Listen.. I was just looking out FOR THEM, protecting their little legs and tiny lungs, I swear... I wanted them to walk FOR THEIR well-being!


By the last stretch, Tink and Coco said it was time to run NOW and they wanted to run FAST.  Tink (Coach's daughter) was getting VERY aggravated that a group of ladies were coming close to passing us.  I told them to go ahead... ya know, so I could snap pictures...

The Kid has been in track for several weeks now and he was pretty psyched to run with Coach.  He was determined to really make Coach sweat for it..  Except, The Kid did not account for the biting cold wind which he repeatedly said "made him want to puke".

The Kid won the medal for his age group, though he was far behind his normal pace.  He swears he wants to run more 5Ks and Doc, get this noise: He wants to enter the 5Mile.... ugh.


So there you have it...
Nice job staging this event, The Bride.
But lets not get confused... This Girl, still really hates running.   Really.  Hates.  Really...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The Kid was right. They should of planned it on a warm day! Maybe in July it will be above 30 degrees. So proud of your family of runners.

Munchkin said...

Yeah but remember the day in July when that black top was the temperature OF THE SURFACE OF THE SUN!!

Arizona said...

who is Munchkin?

Coach said...

I love how happy the kid looks in these pictures, any photo's taken the first 2 miles would have had a different look to them.

Unknown said...

Munchkin, Munchkin.....rings a bell. Cannot place him.

Munchkin said...

Excuse me, sir....