Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Last. The Baby.


Tomorrow morning, my last little baby begins Kindergarten.  If you are a long time blog follower (PS. I'm still grateful you are even still checking this site), you may remember I was an emotional wreck (understatement) when my other children began Kindergarten.  Especially, my Tink. 
Tonight, right now... I am not the least bit upset.  Which is CRAZY, right?! 
 

The Last Baby is when it gets really realz.  When you should be losing your mommy mind.  I should be confused, lost, sad... NOW I'm a mom, without any babies.
Instead, I am cool... calm... totally collected.
I can't promise I won't choke up a bit at drop off.  It's totally possible I may spontaneously do a quick sneak out pre-ugly public cry exit.  Maybe I'm in some sort of denial.  But I really doubt it.
You see... since the moment Coco realized she was The Baby: she has crawled, walked, ran, swam, chased, jump. spun, spoke, yelled after her older siblings.  She is the tasmanian devil of big-kid envy. (The use of the word Devil used with complete affection.) Coco wants so much to be Just Like Tink.  Or read big books Just Like The Kid. 
There is a "but WHY did I have to be the baby....?" whine on a near daily basis for the past couple years. "WHY did you grow me last?" "Why can't I be big girl clothes??" "WHY can't I be taller?" and mostly... "Why can't I go to school ALL day too?"
Well Baby, now you can.
As a mother, it's pretty hard to be sad over something your child has wanted for so long.  Starting Kindergarten is going to make Coco the most happy little girl ever. She can go to PE! She can have a lunch box! She can learn to read! Fi-na-leeeeeeee.
(Plus Mommy has some plans to enjoy more yoga, maybe get nuts and clean her home, possible take a nap, grow some WBCs, get real crazy and sit in a moment of pure nokidfighting silence...)


Dear Coco-
I love you a million 17 59 100 59 times and more.  I know you will make so many friends with your bright-Daddy-cheerfullness.  Smile full. Laugh loud.  Run Fast. And above all, learn about this big amazing world, which is just waiting for you to fill it.  Fly high baby bird.  This nest was never big enough for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Coco. When you are still you are so loving, smart, such a joy. When you are your busy self, you glow with your love of life. You will do awesome. Look out world. Love you more...Grammy

Coach said...

I definitely have no worries of her going to school.